The comments #1- #66 (below) were posted on social media. It is important to address some of the misleading/false/fabricated/skewed information in these comments and point out who is really responsible for misleading the public with false information about Lindsay’s case. The disinformation is NOT COMING FROM THE SAANICH POLICE DEPT like the C.F. is claiming. The false information is coming from ill-informed case followers (C.F.) and conspiracy theorists. These ill-informed people are attempting to turn Lindsay’s case into a huge conspiracy claiming Police and Government corruption in order to get attention on themselves. The C.F. also started a very public smear campaign against the SPD in hopes of gaining media attention. Everything they claim is 100% false.
The C.F. are intentionally misleading the public with false information and they have a huge motive for doing so. They want publicity. These people are to blame for the inaccurate/false information published on social media about Lindsay’s case. Put the blame where it belongs. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility and accountability.
Please read the following false/fabricated information in the comments. The accurate information has been inserted in [BOLD TEXT]
Comments #1 – #66: By the C.F. (CASE FOLLOWERS)
1. At the February 5, 2008 press conference, Const. Brad Brajcich said the Saanich communication centre received a 911 call at 6:15 p.m. from someone who said they were worried about a person inside the house. A few minutes later, police received a second 911 call from inside the house by the person who found Buziak’s body (Victoria Times Colonist, February 6, 2008). Other news outlets like CTV News Vancouver and CBC News BC reported the same information. That’s the information that the public believed, because it was provided by the Saanich Police Department.
[The SP did not provide the information in the above news article. The reporter was paraphrasing information and it was NOT accurate. The article below reported that two 911 calls came in around 6:00 pm then in the same article it was reported the first call was at 6:15 pm. We know from accurate details shared by the SP that the 1st call was at 6:05 pm and the 2nd call was at 6:11 pm.]
[ Feb 7, 2008 news report – So far, Saanich police have refused to identify Mr. Zailo as the person who made two 911 calls Saturday around 6 p.m. about Ms. Buziak’s welfare. Saanich police have said emergency crews raced to the home on Saturday evening after receiving two 911 calls. The first call at 6:15 p.m. came from outside the house. The caller asked the police to check on Ms. Buziak. Louise Dickson, Canwest News Service · Feb. 7, 2008]
2. Then on Dateline NBC, that information changed. The information provided by the Saanich Police Department to them was that Jason made the first 911 call at 6:05 p.m. and a second 911 call came in at 6:11 p.m.
[The information provided by the SP on Dateline was accurate information. It did not change. The only people who change factual information is the C.F. The SP has always provided a consistent timeline and consistent statements. ]
3. On February 5, 2008, The Saanich Police Department had the records for the 911 calls. If the calls were made at 6:05 and 6:11, why didn’t they say so then?
[Members of the public cannot make demands upon a police department and advise them when to share details about a criminal investigation. The police will share information when they are ready to share it. They are in charge of the investigation, not the C.F.]
4. On February 3, 2009, the Saanich Police Department released suspect descriptions: Lindsay Buziak met with a couple inside the home the day she was killed, Saanich police revealed for the first time yesterday. Police arrived at the descriptions through statements from several witnesses, Price said. But he would not confirm whether the couple was seen near the house at 1702 De Sousa Pl. on the day Buziak, 24, was killed. (Victoria Times Colonist, February 4, 2009) Saanich police wouldn’t confirm where the couple was when the witnesses saw them. They didn’t say Lindsay greeted them in the driveway, and they didn’t give any times. They did say Lindsay met with them inside the home. During the February 2, 2010 Saanich Police Department press conference, “Lindsay met a man and a woman just before 6:00 p.m. on February 2, 2008.” They don’t say here that she met them in the driveway either.
[One or two witnesses reported seeing Lindsay greet the couple in the driveway. If the investigators made a decision to share certain details in 2017 rather than in 2010 that does not change the accuracy of the information nor does it mean the event did not take place. The C.F. should focus on the details provided by the investigators rather than intentionally publishing false/inaccurate information about Lindsay’s case. The C.F. cherry-pick bits of the information reported by the media then spin it around and claim the SP made inconsistent statements about Lindsay’s case. Most of the people who do this are people who have a personal vendetta against the police. These people are trying to persuade impressionable, unsuspecting, overtrusting viewers that the SP are not credible sources of information. The C.F. are the ones who are not credible. ]
5. A year after Lindsay was murdered, A Crime Stoppers Video was released, and the information provided by the Saanich Police Department was that the prospective buyers arrived at the home at just after 5:30 p.m. and met with Lindsay in the driveway. On Dateline NBC, the information provided by the Saanich Police Department was that, “As police blanketed the neighborhood after the murder, they did turn up more than one witness who provided key information. They had seen, in the fading sunlight of a February Saturday, Lindsay greeting the man and woman as they arrived at the home at around 5:30 p.m.”.
[SP cannot force reporters to write word for word what they share with them. Both statements above are accurate, just different descriptions.]
6. On June 30, 2010, the Victoria Times Colonist reported, To nail down the sequence of events, police looked at the time when the lock box was accessed on the home’s front door, which is consistent with the 5:30 p.m. scheduled meeting between Buziak and the couple, and with testimony from witnesses who saw Buziak greet the pair at the front door. This provides a window of Lindsay greeting the man and woman between 5:25 p.m. and 5:59 p.m. (about 5:30 p.m. could mean just before or just after 5:30, and just before 6:00 p.m. could mean from 5:46-5:59).
[The investigators have a very accurate timeline. It was based on CCTV footage, cell phone data, lockbox data, eyewitness accounts, and information provided by family, friends, etc. Lindsay accessed the lockbox at 5:29 pm and was seen greeting the couple at 5:30 pm while Jason was seen leaving SHC. It is simple for people to figure out if they focus on details provided by the investigators rather than inaccurate/false information from C.F. or from a reporter who was paraphrasing what the SP said. The complete timeline has been published and the C.F. are aware of the timeline so cherry-picking bits and pieces from media sources and spinning it just makes you look even more dishonest.]
7. I don’t think it was ever mentioned what time Lindsay texted Jason back, “Okay. I’ll see you in a bit. I gotta go. The Mexicans are here”.
[There was no time mentioned because Lindsay never texted Jason back in regards to “the Mexicans”. That was likely mentioned in a PHONE call between Jason and Lindsay. (refer back to Dateline) In one of the SP media releases, they said just before meeting the suspects Lindsay placed a PHONE CALL to Jason. ]
8. On June 30, 2010, the Victoria Times Colonist reported, They also looked at Buziak’s text messages, and found that she responded to text messages during the showing until sometime between 5:42 and 5:44 p.m., indicating the attack occurred then.
[It is rather obvious the reporter, in this case, reported an inaccurate timeline. It should have read 5:38 pm-5:41 pm. Interesting C.F. intentionally tries to cause confusion by willfully sharing inaccurate/false information then claim the SP said it. The C.F. are not credible sources of information. If you notice, all the people behind the podcasts and youtube videos repeat the same inaccurate information from each other. The same story told by a different person.]
9. But they said Lindsay hadn’t opened the text Jason sent her at 5:38 p.m. saying “Just a couple of minutes away”. And what about that pocket dial at 5:41?
[The C.F. are only cherry-picking inaccurate information and posting it. The motive is to discredit the police because the police informed the general public about all the fabricated information that has been posted by the conspiracists. ]
10. Have Saanich police made things up as they’ve gone along? What are they covering up, or who are they covering for?
[The C.F. fabricate information on a daily basis. Why are they intentionally misinforming the public? What are they trying to cover up? The truth? The SP has been very consistent with the information they have shared with the public. The C.F. are not very accepting of any information shared by the SP because it goes against their Zailo theory.]
11. On February 4, 2009, the Victoria Times Colonist reported, Police said, for the first time yesterday, they’ve cleared Buziak’s live-in boyfriend as a suspect. “We’ve never said Zailo was a suspect,” Sgt. John Price said. “Zailo was a person of interest, as would anybody be who was found at the scene of a homicide investigation.” At this point, why didn’t the Saanich Police Department release an accurate timeline of events to squash rumors and speculation? It would have been the appropriate time to do so. They had finally confirmed that Jason was the person who had made the two 911 calls, so why not release a timeline of events. Didn’t they want to take the spotlight off Jason and put it onto the man and woman whose descriptions they had just released? Releasing an accurate timeline would possibly have generated more tips and leads from the public as well.
[The public are not in charge of running police investigations nor can they dictate when the investigators should release timelines, etc. The investigators did release and accurate timeline along with many other factual details about this case as well as made it publicly known that people on the internet are fabricating information about Lindsay’s case to keep the focus on the Zailo family. It is the C.F. who intentionally put out false information that is fueling the rumours. Let’s put the blame where it really belongs. In the comment above the C.F. acknowledge Jason was cleared in 2009 but in a follow-up comment, they claimed Jason was only cleared AFTER DATELINE aired in 2010. They can’t seem to keep their lies straight. ]
12. As for those suspect descriptions, the composite sketch of the woman and the sketch of the dress/skirt – why did they wait a year to release that information? They said they’d had the information for months. When asked why they hadn’t released it sooner, Sgt. John Price said police wanted “to ensure that it met with our investigative needs” (Victoria Times Colonist, February 4, 2009). What does that mean?
[The C.F. are intentionally trying to mislead viewers with the above comment by cherry-picking bits of information from a media release and putting their own spin on it. Here is the full statement:
“We still believe there are people out there that have information that is crucial to our investigation,” Sergeant John Price told a news conference where a large photograph of a smiling Ms. Buziak was displayed. He said the composites are based on descriptions from a witness or witnesses and have been in hand “for months.” The police chose to release the details right after the anniversary of Ms. Buziak’s slaying to attract maximum exposure in the news. Published February 4, 2009 The Globe and Mail]
13. Speculation: Maybe what it means is that it was all made up. Someone at the department brought in a dress and a sketch was drawn and colored to look somewhat like that dress. Then someone said, “Hey, Sgt. _____ ______ turn to the side so they can sketch you”. And to the artist, “Change her features a little so she looks kind of Mexican”.
[One of the witnesses drew the sketch of the dress. An RCMP artist did the composite sketch of the female suspect. Most of what is fabricated come from the C.F. who have no direct knowledge of the case, have a personal vendetta against the police, and just simply enjoy fabricating stories to put the focus on their personal theory. They even claim the case is cold when they know it’s active. No wonder TV crime shows like 20/20 and Fifth Estate is not interested in airing this case.
Here is a better dress story that is TRUE and it doesn’t involve the SP. One of the C.F. went into a thrift store and purchased a dress then lied and claimed it was the EXACT same dress the female suspect wore(logically, how would they even know that?) If you look at the suspect dress that was on display at the police presser and compare it to the dress purchased from the thrift store they look nothing alike. So they lied! The dresses are not even the same colour or have the same pattern. Talk about putting your own spin on things!!! ]
14. With so many inconsistencies, it’s hard not to speculate.
[The inconsistencies are coming from the C.F. who falsely report that the SP are putting out misleading information. The C.F. refuse to accept the details provided by the SP about Lindsay’s case because it puts a huge hole in their ridiculous conspiracy theory.]
15. An accurate timeline can mean everything to an investigation when police are trying to get public input in the form of tips and leads.
[If the C.F. believe an accurate timeline is important to an investigation then why do they keep changing it and posting an inaccurate timeline? An accurate timeline was shared by the SP and it has been consistent. Unfortunately, the C.F. continue to publish a false/inaccurate timeline/information which results in false tips and leads. Police resources are being wasted investigating false tips/leads when the resources could be better utilized investigating the real perps. The C.F. ignore the accurate timeline/information and run around in circles chasing things that aren’t there. The dress find at the thrift store and the TWO false “confessions”(that didn’t happen) are a perfect example of wasted resources and false leads. The media didn’t touch the SECOND false confession post so their plan seemed to have backfired.]
16. The Victoria Times Colonist reported on September 21, 2010, Saanich police did not see the Dateline show before it aired. My response to that is, “Are you kidding me?” The Saanich Police Department has the responsibility for making sure that the information they provide to the media is accurate, and that it is reported accurately. They should have been reading news articles listening to podcasts and viewing t.v. shows that they provided information for before they were released to the public, and if anything was incorrect, they should have made sure it was corrected. Of course that only works if the information they are providing is accurate in the first place, and is not skewed.
[The SP shared accurate details about Lindsay’s case with the media but it is the responsibility of the reporters, and people on social media, to share the information accurately. The SP had no control over the Dateline show or the editing. Even today the SP continues to provide accurate information but there will always be that group of people (mostly the ill-informed C.F.) who continue to post false information then claim the police said it.]
17. About the decision to do the Dateline NBC show, Inspector Rob McColl said, “I wanted to ensure that it was the best possible representation to give us the best shot at catching the bad guy and gal”. (Victoria News, February 2, 2011) Would the Saanich Police Department really have allowed it to air without it being viewed first? It seems doubtful.
[SP had no control over any aspect of the Dateline show. The C.F. are just distorting information again by cherry-picking bits of information from a news article. Here is the truth: September 2010: “Saanich police released the information locally this afternoon. They would not provide the photos and video sooner, saying they had AN AGREEMENT with producers of the NBC show that the documents would not be released before the show on the unsolved killing of Buziak was aired last week. “
There were OTHER PROVISIONS IN THE AGREEMENT AS WELL. Dateline producers are the only ones who had full control of the show.]
18. If, as Jeff says, Saanich police are spending time on this site reading through the comments, then they could have spared the time to read news articles, listen to podcasts and watch t.v. shows prior to them being put out to the public to “take as the gospel”.
[The SP is not responsible for the false information posted by the C.F. Why don’t the C.F. spend their time more constructively and focus on publishing the more accurate, detailed, information shared by the SP? Those who intentionally mislead, fabricate, etc are responsible for their own actions.]
19. The interviews on Dateline NBC represented the information that those people interviewed wanted the public to know about Lindsay, and about her murder. If anyone had a problem with the information they provided, they could have approached Dateline right away and asked for it to either pulled or changed, since the interviews were in June 2010, and the program aired on September 2010.
[The people who granted interviews to Dateline had no idea what portion of the information they provided would actually air on Dateline after EDITING. These people did not have the authority to tell Dateline how to run their show. The dateline viewers did not get to hear ALL the information provided by the people who were interviewed(on or off-camera). The viewers only saw the EDITED VERSION, therefore, the information provided to Dateline by those interviewed was not a true representation of what they shared. The Dateline episode was approx. 120 minutes excluding the commercials. Dateline had hours and hours of interviews. For example, Shirley and Jason may have had a two-hour interview in which they shared many details but Dateline only aired a snippet of what they shared.]
20. I don’t think Jason was the one lying about what he saw when he drove onto De Sousa Place, because Jeff said on Brain Scratch that the information Jason provided on Dateline was the same information he had heard since the beginning, and that was that Jason and his friend saw the outlines of people through smoked glass.
[No one was lying. The information about the couple attempting to leave out the front door has been on social media for years, well before Dateline and podcasts aired. Jason most likely provided Dateline with the FULL details of seeing the couple about to leave but part of the information was EDITED by Dateline. The only part the dateline viewers heard was Jason’s description of the two people behind the smoked glass. The first part of his description was EDITED. Dateline is a TV show. Think EDITING! I don’t expect the C.F. to accept this accurate information because it blows their theory to bits. They will continue to repost the same inaccurate content ad nauseam.]
21. What is interesting, though, is that A News Vancouver Island reported on June 29, 2010, “…despite seeing Lindsay’s car in the driveway, Zailo could see no one in the home.”
[Jason could see no one in the house when he went to check on Lindsay at 6:05 pm. That’s why he called 911. ]
22. Once again, this is information that was provided by the Saanich Police Department, and if it was reported incorrectly, they should have asked for it to be corrected prior to it being released to the public. According to this, even though Jason saw Lindsay’s car in the driveway, he couldn’t see anyone in the house when he drove up. It’s possible the information was different because the Dateline show hadn’t aired yet, but if that was the reason, then why say anything at all?
[SP are not responsible for correcting a reporter’s paraphrasing or errors unless they deem it necessary. SP is not responsible for proofreading every word published on social media or by media outlets. The C.F. don’t seem to care about all the false/inaccurate information they post so why are they picking apart the inaccurate information in news articles by reporters? Makes no sense!]
23. Det.-Sgt. Chris Horsley was the one who gave different accounts of what Jason and his friend saw on both the Case File True Crime Podcast in 2016, and on Crime Watch Daily in 2017. “The fact of the matter is the people were actually seen, the door was open, and the witnesses actually observed the male suspect exiting the house…” (Podcast) and “The killers were actually about to walk out the front door and leave, and he turned into the cul-de-sac and interrupted them leaving. If he had been five seconds later, he would have driven right into the suspects walking out here into the driveway. And his assumption is, these are the clients, and the showing is just starting, as the door closes.” (Crime Watch Daily)
[Those are not different accounts to the writer of the post because they don’t understand simple reading comprehension. The people were seen, the door was open, they were exiting the house, the killers were about (indicates movement) to walk out the front door and leave. When you put it all together it looks like this – the killers were seen at the front door and the male was IN FRONT of the female and the male may have had ONE FOOT out the door and then turned around and walked back inside and shut the door. If Jason arrived 5 seconds later the killers would have been ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE HOUSE and in the driveway. What Horsley said makes perfect sense. The C.F. just like to put their own spin on things to make it appear as though the SP is being inconsistent.]
24. This does raise the question, however, that if what Jason said on Dateline was the truth, why did he not dispute what Det.-Sgt. Chris Horsley said on the Podcast and on Crime Watch Daily? It could be because he didn’t know about them or about what Horsley said, but it seems unlikely, especially considering that in Victoria, everybody knows everybody. Someone would have told him.
[ Jason saw the couple at the front door as well as behind the smoked glass portion of the front door after they SHUT THE DOOR. (common sense) Jason saw TWO different views of the couple. He described both to Dateline and one part was edited out. Why would Jason need to dispute anything Horsley said?]
25. At first glance, it might seem that Jason had several lapses in judgment and made some poor choices on February 2, 2008. Upon closer inspection, however, there are things that just don’t add up.
[everything adds up to people who have common sense.]
26. Friends have been open about the fact that Lindsay told them things weren’t working out between her and Jason and she was going to break up with him. On Dateline, when asked if there was any truth to what people were saying, Jason said, “There’s none. No. There’s no truth to that”.
[It was also reported on Dateline that some family and friends said Lindsay was thinking about breaking up with Jason to get back together with Matt but later softened and decided to stay with Jason(January after the ski trip). The C.F. said they believe everything on Dateline so why are they questioning this portion of information? Jason was most likely telling the truth when he was asked if there was any truth to what people were saying. Most women do not go to their partner and say: ” I’m thinking about leaving you for another guy.” Josh even asked Jeff if Lindsay told Jason she was thinking about leaving him and Jeff said “Not that I’m aware of” So, how would Jason have known if Lindsay was planning on leaving him?]
27. What would the harm have been in Jason answering this question truthfully? “We were having some problems, but we were working on them.” “We had some problems in the past, but we worked them out.” It wasn’t the first time Lindsay had tried to end the relationship. When they were living together at Shawnigan Lake, she started looking for a place of her own in Victoria, but he convinced her to stay with him, and they moved back to the city together.
[Jason did answer the question truthfully and there is supporting evidence to go along with that. Where is the evidence that Jason lied? Where is the evidence that suggests Lindsay tried to end her relationship but Jason talked her into moving to the city? Many people have described Lindsay as a very driven, independent woman who could be feisty at times. She was not afraid to tell you exactly what she thought of you. “If she was mad at you, you would know it,” said her ex, Matt. That doesn’t sound like a woman who could be convinced into staying with a man she didn’t want to be with. Lindsay’s sister said Lindsay and Jason were extremely happy. She adored Jason. Every relationship has bumps in the road and people work them out. If you look at the whole picture Lindsay’s actions support she was happy with Jason. She went on a ski vacation with Jason and his family in January. She was living with Jason and spending time with Jason. All the photos of Lindsay and Jason depict a very happy looking couple. She was on a lunch date with Jason the day she was murdered.]
28. Jason told Saanich police that on February 2, 2008, he and Lindsay had a late lunch together at Sauce. Then they split up, Lindsay to go to the house at De Sousa Place, and Jason to take a contract to SHC before meeting Lindsay at the house to drop off some papers. (Dateline NBC, September 17, 2010) On Dateline, according to what Jason told police, Lindsay headed to the house right after they had lunch together. If this is the truth, it changes the entire scope of the events leading up to her murder. Jason would have known what Lindsay’s intentions were when she left the restaurant. She would have shared that information with him. If she was going home to change her clothes, as was mentioned on the podcast, he would have known. Why not share that information on Dateline?
[ The podcast is full of inaccurate/false information and should not be used as a source for fact-checking purposes. The podcaster has no direct knowledge of the case nor does the Youtubers. They are all following the same script of false information. I don’t recall ever hearing the investigators give a minute by minute account of Lindsay’s movements after she left Sauce. They gave a timeline based on Lindsay’s movements once she arrived at the DeSousa property. If Lindsay went home first to change the SP would have evidence of that period. Maybe she did, maybe she didn’t. The police know if she did that’s all that matters. Why do people quote all the inaccurate/false information provided by Podcasters and YouTubers who have no direct knowledge of the case yet they don’t quote factual detailed information that was shared by investigators who have direct knowledge of the case? Something fishy there. The podcasters and YouTubers are all following the same false script. None of them have any direct knowledge about Lindsay’s case. The C.F. has one agenda and that is to discredit the SP because the SP reported to the media that all the information on social media is false/fabricated/misleading. That did not sit well with the C.F.]
29. If Lindsay had gone home to change, it’s likely people would have seen her. At that time of day on a Saturday, there would have been people around.
[If Lindsay went home to change the investigators would have the evidence to support that based on cell phone data and eyewitness accounts of the clothing Lindsay was wearing at Sauce versus Desousa. That’s just plain common sense.]
30. Family, friends and co-workers said Lindsay felt apprehensive about the showing and that she had asked Jason to meet her at the house. While Saanich police said during the February 2, 2010 media release, “Just prior to meeting the potential clients, Lindsay made a phone call to her boyfriend, Jason Zailo, who agreed to meet her at the house”, the Victoria Times Colonist reported on June 30, 2010, Saanich police said Lindsay wasn’t apprehensive about the showing and that Jason went to the house because he had real estate documents for her to sign. What is the truth? Saanich police have Lindsay and Jason’s cellphone records.
[The truth is, there were also family, friends, and co-workers who said Lindsay was NOT apprehensive about the showing rather she was excited about the possibility of making a large commission.]
31. Lindsay wanted Jason to meet her at the house. She made that clear to everyone she talked to.
[Let’s talk logic here. How would the C.F. know what plans Lindsay and Jason had? Did the C.F. speak with each and every person like the SP has? No they have not. They are simply reading from the same false script. The C.F. said Lindsay was afraid of Jason and was going to break up with him so why would she ask Jason to come to protect her if she was so afraid of him? How does that even make common sense? The investigators have interviewed hundreds of people and corroborated/substantiated the information provided by those people.]
32.Lindsay told co-workers about the phone calls, and about feeling apprehensive about the showing. She told them Jason was going to meet her at the house.
[Lindsay knew Jason was going to MEET her at the house but not because she was feeling apprehensive, it was because Jason had documents to drop off to her. That is a fact!]
33. Shirley Zailo, Lindsay’s boss and Jason’s mother, had been selling real estate on Vancouver Island for ten years. She must have recognized that there were things about the clients that didn’t add up. As a seasoned professional, wouldn’t she have encouraged Lindsay to get more details from the clients? As the mother of Lindsay’s boyfriend, wouldn’t she have insisted that Jason accompany Lindsay on all showings with the clients?
[Lindsay was not an “employee” of re/max. Lindsay was an independent, responsible woman who had shown clients vacant properties alone many times before. Lindsay had no reason to be apprehensive since she had shown vacant properties in the past. The only thing that was unusual was that the couple contacted Lindsay directly rather than one of the listing agents on the Desousa property and they did not provide their name. The investigators said the female suspect spoke with a foreign accent not FAKE. The C.F. claim the female suspect spoke with a FAKE SPANISH ACCENT. If you remove all the nonsense surrounding the appt and stick to the details shared by the SP it is understandable why the SP dismissed reports that Lindsay was apprehensive.]
34. Lindsay and Jason lived together. He spent time at the office where both Lindsay and his mother worked. He knew exactly how Lindsay felt about the clients and about the showing. He knew she felt uneasy and he knew she wanted him to be there. No matter how much Jason and the Saanich Police Department try to pussyfoot around that, it’s the truth.
[The C.F. do not know anything about Jason other than the false information in the same script they all read. The SP along with many others, including some of Lindsay’s former colleagues said Lindsay was not apprehensive about the showing. The SP has evidence whereas the C.F. can say whatever they like based on no evidence. All we have to do is look at the track record of what the C.F. have already falsely posted on social media to know they are not credible sources of information.]
35. Why was it so important for Jason to take the contract to SHC before heading to the house? Why did he spend an hour at SHC? He knew Lindsay was waiting for him, and he had plenty of time to make it to the house before the showing. Instead, he waited until the time of the showing, and he texted Lindsay to tell her he would meet her in 10-15 minutes.
[Lindsay was not expecting Jason until shortly after 5:30 and that was pre-planned. Jason did not wait until the time of showing then TEXT Lindsay to say he would meet her in 10-15 minutes. Jason spoke with Lindsay on the phone just before 5:30 pm. Lindsay initiated the call to Jason (per SP press/website information ) “just before meeting the clients Lindsay called her boyfriend” and as per DATELINE Jason said: “I’ll come meet you and I’ll be 10 – 15 minutes or so” and she said “okay I’ll see you in a bit I gotta go the Mexicans are here”. (Dateline did not AIR the ENTIRE conversation, think editing) If Lindsay was scared of the suspects she had a chance to tell Jason during that phone call but she did not.]
36. The surveillance video at SHC became part of Jason’s alibi.
[The surveillance camera at SHC was NOT in working order. The CCTV footage of Jason leaving was actually captured by the surveillance camera from the business next door. Jason did not need CCTV footage to establish any part of his alibi. He had eyewitness accounts, cell phone data, etc. Jason would have been cleared regardless of the CCTV footage. He had many eyewitnesses and I am sure other CCTV footage that captured his travel route to DeSousa. The C.F. have no evidence to support Jason should be a suspect.]
37. Jason asked a friend (CO) to go for dinner with him. CO met Jason in the parking lot at SHC. Jeff Buziak talked to CO, and CO said he didn’t know Jason well. They were colleagues. He couldn’t understand why Jason was so persistent with trying to get him to go for dinner. At first he turned him down, but later changed his mind.
[ CO and Jason worked together on a daily basis in the same office and played hockey on the same team for years. CO is currently working for Jason Zailo. Jason and CO had a hockey game at 10:10 pm at Pearkes arena that night and that is the reason they were together. They were going to have dinner and a couple beers before the game. That’s what friends do. The SP has the details about Jason and CO’s relationship and the dinner arrangements that night. The C.F. has no evidence to support their ramblings.]
38. Everything that has been put out in the media is that CO was a friend of Jason’s. The Saanich Police Department wants the public to believe that CO was a friend of Jason’s. “Jason and a friend went to De Sousa Place.” “Jason and his friend had entered the front of the home.” “Jason and his friend have been ruled out as suspects.” Jason and CO worked together, and they played hockey together on the same team not long before Lindsay was murdered. Was it true that they didn’t know each other well?
[The C.F. want you to believe that Jason and CO were not friends. Everything they put out on social media is either false or inaccurate. The SP wants the public to know the truth and that is why they share the truth with the public. Sure investigators will also at times put out bits of false information for investigative purposes but if they are seeking the assistance from the public to come forward with more information they are certainly not going to put out false information about the case year after year. Why would the investigators try and misdirect the public for 11 years and make them think INNOCENT people were involved in murder if they knew they were not? Makes no sense. Why do the C.F. doubt the truth? What is their purpose for doubting the truth? The C.F. who put out false/inaccurate information on social media wants you to believe the Zailo’s are responsible and want you to believe the complete opposite of what the SP said. Pay attention to the information provided by investigators instead of false information published by C.F. who don’t know anything. The C.F. are trying to cover the truth up!]
39. CO became part of Jason’s alibi. Jason texted Lindsay, “I’ll come meet you. I’ll be 10-15 minutes or so”, and then he started driving. Lindsay already knew he was coming to meet her, and she knew how long it should take him to get there. Had Lindsay sent Jason a previous text asking where he was? If she had, then Jason’s text would make more sense.
[ Jason was speaking to Lindsay on the phone when he said “I’ll come meet you and I’ll be 10 – 15 minutes or so” and Lindsay said “okay I’ll see you in a bit I gotta go the Mexicans are here”.]
40. Lindsay texted Jason, “Okay. I’ll see you in a bit. I gotta go. The Mexicans are here”.
[Lindsay said that in a phone call…re-watch Dateline and listen to Jason’s own words. It was also acknowledged that just before meeting her clients at 5:30 Lindsay called Jason. There were also eyewitnesses at SCH who heard Jason talking to Lindsay on the phone. The only evidence the C.F. have is fabricated stories.]
41. The “Mexicans” plural would indicate that both the man and woman had shown up, even though it was reported that the man had called to say he would be coming alone. There’s no mention that Jason questioned this at all.
[The SP don’t share every little detail of who said what.]
42. The whole thing with “The Mexicans” is weird. On Crime Watch Daily, “The Mexicans are here” is left out, and Det.-Sgt. Chris Horsley says, “She told Jason, ‘They’re here’. No mention of “The Mexicans”. Was that intentional, or did Crime Watch Daily not allow the use of the nickname? Or, maybe it was because that’s not what Lindsay texted?
[ It was already reported Lindsay called Jason just before meeting the clients. On Dateline Jason said that Lindsay said, “I got to go the Mexican’s are here”. Jason passed a polygraph exam and the SP would have asked Jason if Lindsay spoke those words to him. The SP has never publicly used the term “the Mexican’s” on Dateline, CWD, or in any other pressers that I have seen.]
43. When Jason found out the clients were at the house, he didn’t put pedal to the metal to get there. He actually didn’t know where he was going, so he had to call his brother for directions. CO must not have known how to get there either.
[Why would Jason need to rush to the Desousa house? He was not expecting Lindsay to be in any sort of danger. Jason was due there approx. 5:45. Jason had GPS but unfortunately, DeSousa was a new street and could not be found by his GPS as it had not been entered into google maps yet. According to sources Lindsay was texting Jason the directions but then it was said that Jason called Ryan for directions. The SP know the details that is all that matters.]
44. Jason texted Lindsay, “Just a couple minutes away”. Why? Unless, of course, she had texted him earlier to ask him where he was, and he knew she would be anxious, and she wouldn’t be happy with him. Otherwise, she already knew he was on his way and how long he would be. He had already told her that.
[It was reported that Jason had a hard time finding the Desousa address because it was a new street and was not yet entered into google maps so his GPS could not find the street. After getting the proper directions he was just reaffirming to Lindsay that he found his way and would be there shortly “Just a couple of minutes away”. It is not uncommon for people to touch base with their partner and say, “hey honey I’m just leaving the grocery store now, see ya soon.” The C.F. are putting way too much spin on this one.]
45. Jason pulled onto De Sousa Place from Torquay Drive and he saw, according to his own words, outlines of two people through the smoked glass.
[Jason reported to the SP and Dateline(edited out) that he saw the couple about to leave and the male turned around, went back inside and then shut the door. After the door was shut Jason could only still see the silhouettes of the suspects through the smoked glass portion of the front door. The C.F. have put so many different spins on what Jason did they can’t even remember what they said anymore. Their false narratives keep changing.]
46. This didn’t prompt him to go to the door to see how the showing was going and to check on Lindsay. Instead, he parked past the house, facing away from it, and he sat in his vehicle with CO for ten minutes. He didn’t text or phone Lindsay to ask how things were going.
[SP said when Jason saw the couple at the front door he assumed the showing was just getting started so he drove through the cul-de-sac and pulled ontoTorquay where he remained for over 10 minutes. (as depicted on Dateline) Why would he need to check on Lindsay? Were there any signs she was in distress? No. After not receiving a response to the text he sent Lindsay “are you okay” he took action. He walked up to the house and peered in the window and saw Lindsay’s shoes but no people. He found the front door locked and that is when he called 911. The C.F. have repeatedly said that Jason parked on DeSousa for 10 minutes facing away from the house then pulled onto Torquay where he remained for another 10 minutes. They claim this is very strong evidence to support Jason’s guilt of murder because if Jason was innocent he would not have parked in two different spots. Is that what they consider strong evidence? As per the media: “Zailo and his friend had arranged to meet Buziak at the Gordon Head house. When they drove up at 5:45 p.m., Zailo said he didn’t want to appear like a “meddling boyfriend,” so DROVE AROUND THE CORNER AND WAITED.” (evidence he parked on Torquay) Remember, the suspects were about to exit so Jason didn’t want to pull in the driveway and wait. Jason was not there to check on Lindsay, therefore, Jason had no reason to text Lindsay and say “hey, I’m here” nor did he have any reason to go inside the house at that point. Where did the C.F. get the info that Jason parked in two different spots for 10 minutes each and did this intentionally to allow the killers to escape? All fabricated. The killers escaped while Jason was in the process of driving to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn around. All his actions regarding his parking is not even relevant as the killers were long gone.]
47. If Jason believed the showing was just starting, what did he think Lindsay and the clients had been doing for fifteen minutes? Did he not find it the least bit suspicious that Lindsay’s car was the only vehicle parked in the driveway, and there were no vehicles parked on the street?
[Firstly, how would the C.F. know there were no cars parked on the street? Were they there??? Maybe Jason thought Lindsay and the clients had been chatting for 15 mins. which would be perfectly normal considering how sociable Lindsay was. Lindsay likely already shared with Jason how the suspects were getting to the property so he was not suspicious about the absence of a vehicle in the driveway. Most agents pick their clients up and drive them to the appt. Since this was a planned murder the suspects would have given Lindsay an excuse for not requiring a ride to the appt. Maybe they told her they had relatives who lived in the area and they would be picking them up and dropping them off at Desousa. Another point I would like to raise, Jason and CO saw the couple attempting to exit out the front door yet there was obviously no one in the driveway or parked in front of the house waiting to pick them up such as a getaway driver. It appears to me the suspects must have had their own vehicle nearby(probably parked on Torguay). I don’t believe the suspects would walk anywhere close by and hideout. The K-9 dogs would have been able to pick up their scent regardless of what the C.F. have to say about K-9 dogs. I recall a story of a local B&E. The police brought in K-9’s and found the suspect BLOCKS away hiding behind a building. I think if people get into a vehicle or water that is when a scent can be lost.]
48. After ten minutes, Jason drove through the cul-de-sac, past the house, and then turned right onto Torquay Drive. He parked at the side of the house where he couldn’t see the front door. He did this because he didn’t want to appear to be the meddling boyfriend. Really? How does this make any sense at all to anyone? He missed two opportunities to pull into the driveway and go to the front door to check on Lindsay.
[The killers had already fled out the side patio doors after Jason and Co spotted them trying to exit out the front door first. If Jason was involved he had no reason to remain in his vehicle for any reason or park in different spots. It is ridiculous to focus so much time on where Jason parked when it has no relevance to anything and it’s all been fabricated anyway. The killers were already long gone. As depicted on Dateline Jason turned onto Desousa, saw the couple and assumed the showing was just getting started so drove through the cul-de-sac, then turned right onto Torquay and parked his vehicle in the indented spot by the side of the house.(the suspects vehicle was likely parked there when Jason arrived) That is where he waited for over 10 minutes. Even if he did park in two different spots it’s of no relevance as the killers were long gone already. The killer’s had already fled by the time Jason got turned around in the cul-de-sac. If Jason was involved what would the reason be for Jason to sit there in his vehicle until 6:05 pm? The C.F. are just trying confuse readers.]
49. Jason sat in his vehicle with CO for another ten minutes before he texted Lindsay, “Are you okay?” No. She was not okay.
[Jason believed the showing was just getting started at 5:45. Showings typically take about 15-20 minutes. A little after 6:00 pm he sent a text to Lindsay “are you okay” she did not respond. He grew concerned so he and CO went to the front door. He peered in the window and saw Lindsay’s shoes and no people. He checked the door and it was locked. He likely rang the bell and called out her name too. He called 911 to say his girlfriend was in the house with clients and the door was locked and he couldn’t get in. He probably told dispatch other details and officers were sent to do a welfare check. Welfare checks are actually pretty common. Jason told dispatch he was going to try and get in while the police were en route. The C.F. have a whole different spin so it jives with their ridiculous conspiracy theories.]
50. Jason walked to the front door, saw Lindsay’s shoes in the foyer and found the door locked. No one answered the door. He checked the lockbox but there was no key. He tried to find an alternate way in, and when he found the garage door had an electronic keypad, he called his mother, Shirley Zailo, to ask if she had the code. She didn’t, but said she would make a call to see if she could get it, so Jason waited for her to call him back.
[According to the C.F. SZ was the mastermind and killer who walked to the house but now they are claiming Jason called his Mother on the phone to ask for the garage code. Jason must have heard his Mom’s phone ringing from inside the house because the C.F. said on a previous occasion that SZ brought her cell phone with her to the crime scene. Everything they claim makes zero sense! What really happened was, after disconnecting from his Mother Jason and CO found a way into the house.]
51. Instead of breaking into the house by either forcing the front door or breaking a window, Jason wasted time calling his mother. At this point, he should have been freaking out because Lindsay hadn’t answered his earlier texts, and he could see only one pair of shoes, Lindsay’s, in the foyer. After trying to get Lindsay’s attention by ringing the bell and banging on the door, no one answered. He knew something was wrong.
[Real version: Jason sent Lindsay a text around 6:00 pm “are you okay” and she did not respond. Jason grew concerned around that time because the showing should have ended, he had not seen the couple leave, and now Lindsay had not responded to his text. This prompted him to go check on her. He checked the front door and found it locked. He called 911 and explained the situation. He told them he was going to try and get in the house. Jason did everything correctly for a person who was concerned about his partner. He called 911 and then allegedly called his mother to see if she had the garage door code. Jason and his friend found an open door and Jason boosted his friend over the patio fence because his friend was MUCH SMALLER(evidence of height and weight online). People under pressure like that sometimes have many things going on in their head at one time. One part of the brain is telling them to bust down the door while the other part of the brain is telling them, “it’s okay the police are on the way, calm down, I will find a way to get in, I am just panicking, Lindsay is okay etc, etc.. ” Jason had already told dispatch he was going to try and get in and he knew the police were on the way. If Jason didn’t take any of these steps and busted in the window people would be ranting “why didn’t he call 911 first, what made him panic and break a window? He can’t win no matter what he does. The C.F. have no clue about this case. All you have to do is watch the American YouTube videos, listen to the ridiculous podcasts created by wannabe detectives, and read the trash on reddit, to know they have NO CLUE!]
52. Jason called 911 and he told the dispatcher he was going to find a way in or break in or something. So, he wasn’t opposed to breaking in, he just chose not to.
[He didn’t have to break down the door because he found one that was already open. That was his “WAY IN.” He told dispatch he was going to FIND A WAY IN.]
53. Instead of staying on the phone with 911, he disconnected.
[This was a “welfare check” the caller is not required to stay on the line. How would the C.F. know what Jason did anyway? They can’t even figure out what happened in the 30-year-old unsolved murder cases in their own Country yet they think they can solve unsolved cases here in Canada? Just watch all the YouTube videos and podcasts the C.F. have published and see for yourself. They are lost when it comes to detective work. The only thing they are good at is spinning and fabricating information.]
54. Jason boosted CO over the patio fence, and CO found the patio doors open. He went through the house and unlocked the front door for Jason, who ran upstairs and found Lindsay’s body in the master bedroom. Jason made a second 911 call. Jason said Lindsay was lying on her back not moving so he went straight to her and tried to do CPR, but realized from the feel of her skin that she had already passed away. How long was Lindsay dead before Jason found her? Would the feel of her skin have changed in that amount of time?
[It was said on Dateline that Lindsay was murdered during a three-minute time span 5:38 – 5:41,(SP said her murder was quick and savage) (Killer’s would not have left the house unless they knew she was dead.) Jason got in the house approx. 6:15 pm. The SP know the time of death and all the other details. That’s all that matters.]
55. The criminal profilers on DateLine are respected experts in the field. They were allowed to see at least some of the evidence. They easily ruled out a drug related hit. They said it was artfully planned by amateur murderers. They said it was planned by someone close to Lindsay who likely worked in the same office. That narrows the suspects down to a few people. Why is the SPD completing ignoring the collaborative analysis of these experts? Those people were publicly cleared by the SPD right after the show aired because it was obvious to all, who in her life fit the description and had a motive.
[The C.F. are fabricating and spinning information again. The only evidence the experts on Dateline saw from the Saanich Police were approx. ten crime scene photos and some video footage which was then released to local media outlets AFTER Dateline aired September 2010. That was the agreement between Dateline and the SPD. The experts on Dateline did not rule out a drug hit but they did easily rule out Jason. What the experts said on Dateline was they did not believe the cartel would murder someone they believed was a snitch unless they had EVIDENCE to support that idea. The experts said the cartel had no such evidence because Lindsay was not an informant. Contrary to what the experts said it appears as though the head of the Calgary organization who had ties to the Mexican cartel DID HAVE fabricated evidence that Lindsay was the snitch and he rececived that fabricated evidence from someone close to Lindsay like RG. The experts are correct when they say drug cartels doesn’t go around killing people without evidence they are a snitch. In this case, they had THE EVIDENCE(fabricated) and they murdered Lindsay. The experts DID NOT SAY the murder was planned by someone close to Lindsay who WORKED IN THE SAME OFFICE. So, that does not narrow down the suspects to only a realtor like the C.F. mislead you to believe. The C.F. have narrowed down their suspect list to just a “realtor” because they want you to believe the Zailo’s are the only people who could have planned Lindsay’s murder. The C.F. are covering up the TRUTH! Lindsay was a very popular girl and had a WIDE CIRCLE OF FRIENDS she was close with. This broadens the suspects to a LARGE number of people. One of Lindsay’s best friends worked in the same re/max office as Lindsay and she was NO REALTOR! In fact, she was connected to the head of the Calgary drug operation. Since the C.F. said “no drug dealers are involved in Lindsay’s murder” how can they then turn around and name drug traffickers as the main suspects in Lindsay’s murder? How does that make any sense? They have named VID, the Delalcazar’s, Medaro, and Rianne as the MAIN conspirators. That is a fact. Now they are claiming Jason was involved in the drug trade and that he and his Mom are the ones who hatched the plan to have Lindsay murdered by labelling her the Calgary snitch. If that is true, why are they not named as the main suspect on the website they rant on? The C.F. spun the leading Calgary bust theory and have now inserted Jason and his Mom into the equation and omitted the real cast of suspects. They also added Rianne into their new and improved theory but prior to that, they said Rianne was a red herring. Their suspect list changes weekly.
The only people ignoring all the facts and details shared by the respected experts and the SP are the C.F. The experts and the SP have said this murder will not be solved based on forensics yet the C.F. repeatedly claim the crime scene had loads of forensic evidence that could lead to the identity of the killers. That is completely FALSE! Logically, how would the C.F. even know this? At the same time, the C.F. pointed out that the Dateline experts are WELL RESPECTED IN THEIR FIELD. So, why is the C.F. NOT respecting what the Dateline experts shared on Dateline about the crime scene being a forensic nightmare and that Jason was cleared as a suspect? Why is the C.F. not respecting the experts who agree with the SP that Lindsay’s murder will not be solved based on forensics and that someone with first-hand knowledge needs to come forward and share what they know in order to solve this case? The SP agree with the experts in that the only way this murder will be solved is by loose lips. The C.F. are basically calling the respected experts liars now just like they call the SP and anyone else who shares credible information. I think we can all see who the liars are.
The C.F. are under the illusion they are experienced detectives and they publicly clear their imaginary suspects when they have no direct knowledge of the case. Why is the C.F. completely ignoring the collaborative analysis and the evidence of experts, investigators, RCMP, etc? Why is the C.F. trying to cover up the truth? It is obvious to anyone with half a brain why the SP and the Dateline experts cleared the Zailo’s. They had nothing to do with Lindsay’s murder and had ZERO MOTIVE. Based on forensic evidence, a timeline of communications, witnesses, CCTV footage, bank records, VISA records, phone records, etc. they know the Zailo’s are not involved in Lindsay’s murder. The C.F. have ZERO access to Lindsay’s file yet they continue to pick and choose their imaginary suspects and convict them of murder based on their own warped thinking.
The C.F. has dissected every piece of accurate information on this site. They have twisted it, put it through the spin cycle, omitted facts, distorted it, etc, etc. Nothing they do will change the fact that the majority of the information on this site is 100% accurate. The C.F. is trying to cover up the TRUTH!
The Calgary organization had a serious motive to want Lindsay dead if they believed Lindsay snitched on Erickson and the Calgary drug operation. The Calgary organization lost millions in revenue. The head of the organization(Leo Rojo Beltran) had connections to a Mexican drug cartel. Leo had the authority to order Lindsay murdered or take care of it himself. Lindsay’s best friend RG worked in Lindsay’s office and RG was in a relationship with a member of the Calgary organization. Lindsay was acquainted with some of those men. RG abandoned her job without explanation after Lindsay was murdered. The investigators have participated in two TV shows (Dateline and Crime watch Daily). The only theory they have discussed is the Calgary drug bust link. ) Members of the Calgary organization and RG have never cooperated with the authorities or agreed to a polygraph exam. The Zailo’s did. The Zailo family volunteered and cooperated in everything the SP asked of them. It was reported that some members of the Calgary organization confronted Jason and demanded to know what he saw when he arrived at the DeSousa property. They would only do that if they knew Jason saw the killers. RG spent 6 years pretending to be a supporter but all she wanted was inside information regarding the LB investigation.
Jason was cleared in 2009 prior to Dateline. The C.F. wants you to believe their spin that the Zailo’s were only cleared after Dateline aired in 2010 because they were the only ones with a motive. The SP held a news conference in September 2010 because of all the rumours about Jason and his family. Sgt. Jantzen said most of the tips were from viewers of the Dateline program with “suggestions and theories” that have already been RULED OUT by police. “Many of these theories and suggested avenues of investigation are REDUNDANT in nature,” Sgt. Jantzen said. ” ]
SP did not release the autopsy report to Dateline . What the SP has said is that the only thing Dateline knew was that Lindsay died from “multiple stab wounds”.
The C.F. will continue to report false info and blame it on the SP because they are trying to discredit the factual information shared by police. The C.F. is trying to cover up the truth. The SP did NOT review the taped interviews prior to the Dateline show airing as that was NOT IN THEIR AGREEMENT. Sgt. Dean Jantzen was not referring to the manner of death when he said some of the information shared with Dateline may have been new to the public, but not to them. He was referring to the details that they shared with Dateline and HAD NOT YET shared with the local media. After Dateline aired in 2010, the SP reviewed the Dateline interviews and provided the local media with the info they had shared earlier with Dateline.
56. The mastermind knew how to cover her tracks. She did not go to Vancouver I assure you. Vid was sent to the Ferry to pick up the burn phone I believe, to point the finger at him because he was known by many as Matt’s friend. Someone with knowledge about cell tower pings and burn phone tracking, helped the mastermind. Vid is awful and deserves whatever he gets but I think it is possible he didn’t know the phone could he be tracked or he would not have brought his phone with him. Did he even know what he was picking up? It could have been in a box and was told to take it home and someone would pick it up in the morning. I think he was set up knowingly or unknowingly so the police would be distracted from the Zailos and suspect Matt. This is the part of their plan that falls apart. Everyone knows how much Matt loved Lindsay and we all clearly see how much the Zailos did not.
[That was no finger Vid was pointing, it was a loaded gun. Vid allegedly pointed it directly at Jason right after Lindsay’s murder and asked Jason “WHAT DID YOU SEE?” Since Jason saw the killer’s(how would Vid know unless he was part of the conspiracy), Vid was concerned enough to attempt to get that information out of Jason. I guess the C.F. will now claim that SZ told Vid to point the gun at her own son to make it look good. I hate to break it to the C.F. but a criminal mastermind does not need anyone’s help that’s why they are the mastermind. This is the sole reason the murder remains unsolved. The mastermind knew what they were doing. No electronic tracks that could lead to the identity of the killer(s) and no useful forensic evidence that could be traced back to the killers. Apparently, the C.F. think they are smarter than the mastermind now. The C.F. made earlier claims that RG was not smart enough to be the mastermind that only SZ had the brains to be the mastermind. Now the C.F. are saying SZ needed help. I wish they would make up their minds. So many contradictions in their posts!]
57. IHIT solves a completely random murder in just over one year: http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/police-to-share-significant-update-in-murder-of-burnaby-teen-marrisa-shen. Saanich Police have been in charge of Lindsay’s case for over 10 years and everybody knows the players, yet Saanich police “need a confession”. Saanich police say that IHIT doesn’t take on cold cases. IHIT has a COLD CASE TEAM that takes on – you guessed it – COLD CASES
[In the Shen case they have a DNA match from rapist/murderer to the victim, and VOLUMES of other evidence. To compare Lindsay’s case to a case like Shen’s is utterly stupid!!!!
The imaginary suspects the C.F. claim murdered Lindsay are not the real suspects. As for the rest of the nonsensical comment allow me to elaborate. The SP was referring to VIIMCU, not IHIT. Lindsay’s case is not COLD and never has been. The SP joined VIIMCU in 2013. VIIMCU is comprised of SPD, RCMP, VPD, CSPD, OBPD. The unit’s mandate includes homicides, missing persons where foul play is suspected, and UNSOLVED homicides. The C.F. keeps demanding the SPD hand the case over to the RCMP but the SP has been working alongside the RCMP from the beginning. Every homicide case is different so to compare one against the other is ridiculous. In Lindsay’s case, no one has confessed, no one with first-hand knowledge has come forward and there was no forensic evidence that could be traced back to the killer’s. Both IHIT and VIIMCU have MORE UNSOLVED homicide cases than Saanich does. Some of the files are YEARS older than Lindsay’s case.]
Local media reported in 2010 –
Three years after it opted out of an Island-wide homicide investigation team on the grounds it was capable of solving murders on its own, the Saanich Police Department is negotiating to get on board.
This week, Saanich police spokesman Const. Dean Jantzen confirmed that, over the past six months, the department’s senior management has been talking with police brass from the major crime unit about joining.
“This is NOW AN ESTABLISHED UNIT WITH GOOD RESULTS and we’re reviewing whether we wish to be involved in that unit,” he said.
But a decision has yet to be made, and Jantzen said he doesn’t know when that will happen.
Jantzen insisted the department’s reversal ISN’T BASED ON LACK OF RESULTS in the Buziak investigation. “This is not driven by any one event or one investigation … or any one person.”
However, it is unclear whether Buziak’s killing would be handed over to the major crime unit if Saanich were taken into the fold.
The unit’s mandate is to handle NEW HOMICIDES that happen in its jurisdiction, said Island district RCMP spokesman Cpl. Darren Lagan. “[It is] NOT A COLD CASE OR HISTORICAL HOMICIDE UNIT.”
The major crime unit is staffed by six Victoria police officers, two West Shore RCMP officers, and 10 OFFICERS FROM ISLAND RCMP detachments. Some departments, such as Central Saanich police, pay a portion of the unit’s annual budget but do not contribute officers.
The unit is investigating more than 70 cases, including 51 homicides.
Lagan said the major crime unit can call on resources from the RCMP’s provincial section, E Division, and from units across the country.
Saanich Det.-Sgt. Chris Horsley, one of 10 investigators trying to solve Buziak’s death, said earlier this week that one of the factors hampering the investigation is that if the killers were hired professionals, they might be from outside Vancouver Island.
Last year, the RCMP conducted an investigative- standards review on the Buziak case and determined the Saanich police investigation was thorough and complete, Horsley said.
He said Saanich investigators have received help from police partners across the country and in the U.S., and he hopes a Dateline NBC episode on Buziak’s death — which has yet to air — will give the case the international attention it needs.
Local media reported in 2012 – The Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit, made up of 18 officers from RCMP detachments and municipal forces on the Island, was formed in 2007 to investigate serious cases such as murders, missing persons and police shootings. The Saanich Police Department is set to join the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit — the Island-wide homicide team it opted out of when it was formed in January 2008 — but police management is still hammering out the details.
But the specialized unit doesn’t take on old cases, so Lindsay’s file will remain in Saanich police’s hands. Unsolved major crimes in Saanich – like the 2008 murder of Lindsay Buziak – won’t be taken over by VIIMCU for investigation.
58. The reason I can’t hook into the del alcazar’s is because Jason was overheard Lindsay telling her friend Nikki that she wanted out of relationship plus Jason’s behaviour when he arrived at the house is so telling. The burner phones were bought before Lindsay went to Calgary, is that correct. I think that as soon as Jason overheard Lindsay and Nikki, SZ started planning Lindsay’s murder.
[The burner phone was purchased late November 2007 and Lindsay and Nikki had the alledged conversation MID-DECEMBER so how does your timeline make sense? Your timeline indicates the burner phone was purchased BEFORE THE CONVERSATION took place where Jason allegedly overheard Lindsay tell Nikki she was going to leave him. You consider that the MOTIVE behind the murder. HOW IS THAT EVEN REAL?
More concrete evidence the C.F. doesn’t think things through before they make a nonsensical comment. Burner phone was purchased end of November 2007. N.B. and Lindsay had the conversation in December(see chek news story August 2010). (AFTER THE BURNER PHONE WAS ALREADY PURCHASED) C.F. claims the motive for the murder was Jason overheard Lindsay tell NB she was thinking about leaving him. Now that it has been pointed out they make no sense they will now change the timeline of the conversation to fit with the ACTIVATION OF THE burner phone rather than the PURCHASE DATE. (eg. they will claim the conversation took place IN JANUARY when the phone was activated) Anyone knowledgeable in drug operations knows there is always a large stock of burner phones on hand. They are not always purchased from the same location either. It did not take months and months to plan Lindsay’s murder. A few phone calls were made and Lindsay was lured to the vacant home. The careful planning aspect of the crime centered around ensuring no physical evidence was left at the crime scene that could trace back to the killer’s identity. The activation of the burner phone (end of Jan 08) is directly related to Erickson’s arrest (Jan 22nd) and the 42 additional kilos found in safe Jan 28th)
“Investigators now know that the cell phone used to call Buziak was purchased in Vancouver in late November 2007. The phone was activated late January 2008 in Vancouver under a user name of Paulo Rodriguez with a Vancouver address. Police have since determined that while the address exists, it is not connected with the crime. Police also believe the Paulo Rodriguez name is an alias. Fast says police are interested in hearing from anyone who may also have encountered that name. The phone was deactivated after the murder.”]
59. “I do not believe there was a snitch at all. LE knew about the Lopez/DelAlcazar cartel for years. All they had to do was use simple surveillance on the gang of goofs to see the obvious cocaine trafficking routes. They were being watched for about one year from both Victoria and Calgary and LE finally busted them using a simple traffic stop. For the DelAlcazars to believe Lindsay was a snitch even if the Zailos lied and said she was, is a far reach for anyone to believe. The elaborate planning for Lindsay’s murder could not have taken place during January 22nd and February 1st. That is ridiculous to believe.”
[The C.F. have attempted to fabricate a new timeline for the Calgary drug bust by claiming that LE had the group under surveillance for ONE YEAR before they were all busted which is completely false. The C.F. is also trying to mislead the viewers by spinning the information to suit their personal agenda. As per the court transcript and news articles, investigators were aware of the Calgary drug ring as early as November 2007 and began their investigation at that time (High Noon). Some members of the Calgary operation were under surveillance and the stash house was being watched. Erickson Delalcazar was busted TWO MONTHS later on January 22, 2008, not a YEAR. The Calgary group were aware someone snitched on them which resulted in the arrest of Erickson and Graham. On Jan 28th an additional 42 kilos was found in a safe. DAYS later the burner phone was activated!!!!! The other 12 members of the organization were busted after Lindsay was murdered (the last person in the group to be arrested was the Leo who headed the Calgary operation.Leo was arrested on December 3, 2008). Some of the members of the Calgary drug ring were under surveillance after Lindsay’s murder because they were suspects and POI in her murder. So, based on the accurate timeline of the Calgary bust provided by the real investigators, not the armchair detectives, the only motive that makes any sense is the Calgary drug operation and subsequent bust. There is zero evidence or motive to implicate anyone else in this murder.
There was no elaborate plan necessary to lure Lindsay to the Desousa property nor did it take MONTHS to plan. After the bust January 22, 2008, and the 42 kilos that were found in the safe on the 28th, all the killers had to do was use one of the burner phones that was purchased months before and make a few phone call to Lindsay to book an appt to view the Desousa property(details likely provided by her friend RG). That didn’t require a lot of work. The vacant property was re-listed in January 2008 and Lindsay’s best friend was aware of the vacant property because she entered the listing data into the computer system. The activation DATE of the burner phone is key to the timeline of Lindsay’s murder. The C.F. has fabricated a new timeline as a distraction because the number one suspects in Lindsay’s murder are members of the Calgary drug ring along with RG and not the Zailo’s.]
Officers had been WORKING on the investigation for about TWO MONTHS when, around 9:00 pm Tuesday(January 22, 2008) they witnessed what they believed was a DRUG TRANSACTION between TWO vehicles.” This vehicle search LED the officers to the home on Hawthorne Dr. The joint Calgary City Police and RCMP Investigation began in November 2007.
On Tuesday night a two-month investigation proved fruitful when officers observed a drug deal and followed one of the vehicles to an alley in Thorncliffe. When they searched it they found five kilos of cocaine and $100,000 in cash.
Calgary police seized 25 kilograms of cocaine after witnessing a drug transaction in progress. The surveillance led them to the cache of drugs, guns and $200,000 in cash in the car and in a subsequent search of a home on Tuesday night (January 22, 2008).
60. “A lot of time and energy has been wasted in an unsuccessful attempt to derail Jeff’s attempt to get those responsible for his daughter’s death, brought to justice. If you agree or disagree with the persons he believes are responsible, at this point what does it matter? It is not your place to dictate what other people think. The immediate problem is not who did it but what is going on in the SPD. Who did it, is opinion until someone is charged. Opinions are like Uranus, we all have one. So what? If you have a problem with that, you need help.If you are a good person and genuinely want to Be a good human being and help out, write to the agencies posted all over the site and ask to have the case handed over to a different agency.”
[No one is attempting to derail anything despite the C.F.’s attempted spin on things. It appears the C.F. is spinning the yarn again to get media attention. Contrary to their delusional thinking and spin-doctoring no one is trying to dictate how other people think except for them. The problem appears to be them and their unhealthy need for control and an unhealthy obsession with spinning the yarn. It’s not their place to dictate who can share their thoughts about this case and who cannot. The truth will prevail no matter how much they try to cover it up! A lot of their time and energy continues to be wasted on their unsuccessful attempts to defame and discredit others who do not fall in line with their idiotic conspiracy theories and intentional falsehoods. When things don’t go the way they anticipate them to go they are quick to lay blame on others to distract away from the obvious.
None of their trumped-up stories have had a negative impact on anyone except themselves. If they are a group of decent humans the only thing that should matter to them is truth and justice.]
61. “I am sure we are all listening to the media reports on the Australian fellow and American girl that were murdered 1 week ago. So…..how come we sit here with Lindsay’s unsolved murder 11 yrs later. This clearly indicates to me that the SPD have no intention to solve Lindsay’s murder and are covering up some very nefarious behaviour that has gone on. To put such a stop to solving Lindsay’s murder must have political going’s on. Why else would they ignore so many emls from the public and turn a blind eyes towards this case. I am outraged today to have proof today that the SPD are being allowed to piss around with Lindsay’s murder. Is someone telling them not to do any investigation? This much is obvious, we can not stop til we have JUSTICE for Lindsay, step it up any way u know how is what I say.”
[ Here is another example of false information posted on social media by another ranting case follower/conspiracy theorist. To compare Lindsay’s case to any other murder case is ridiculous.To claim the police are covering up Lindsay’s murder just because no arrests have been made is plain stupid and lacks simple common sense! To claim there are political ties is even more outrageous. They wonder why their emails are being ignored. I would ignore them too. CRAZY! The type of people who post this crap are people who are usually all over social media ranting about everything under the sun. That’s all they do. Join every group they can so they can RANT about nothing! They fabricate stories and listen to themselves rant believing what they have to say is meaningful.]
62. “Because Rianne quit her job the day after Lindsay’s murder, and her connection to Vid, there is a urban legend that she orchestrated the murder because of jealousy. There is no evidence she was involved. The professional criminal profilers on DateLine were given access to the SPD fines. Criminal profiling is a powerful science and you should listen to what they assessed. This murder had nothing to do with a drug bust. It was personal and artfully planned by someone in that office. If Rianne wanted to murder Lindsay for what motive? Jealousy? I don’t know this person but having someone murdered like this would take a lot of hatred and anger, and a lot of resources someone who worked in the office had to have. There are other people from that office who fit the description far better than Rianne who were at the scene shortly before, during and after. They are all in a family or a close relationship. Rianne May have been afraid to go back to work after Lindsay’s murder because she suspected the Zailos were responsible. She was a close friend of Lindsay’s and likely knew about Shirley’s psycho behavior first hand from working in the office. She also likely knew that Lindsay was not happy in the relationship with Jason and Ryan was a loose cannon. I would be afraid to even walk into that office myself today.”
[There is no evidence to support Shirley and her family are involved. The professional criminal profilers on Dateline said: “Jason didn’t do it”. The C.F. should listen to them. The criminal profilers were not given access to SPD files. They were given access to approx. 10 crime scene photos and Lindsay’s daytimer. More lies from the C.F. Posting false information online about LB murder investigation will not help their conspiracy theory that the Zailo’s are responsible for Lindsay’s murder. LB was not stabbed 40 plus times like they claim. More lies from the C.F. LB’s murder had everything to do with the Calgary drug bust and there is sufficient evidence to support that theory. There is zero evidence to support the Zailo theory even with all the fabricated info they have posted. The case followers do not know what the term “personal” means nor do they know anything about criminal investigations. (If they understood Canadian criminal law they would understand why LB murder remains unsolved). Someone in the re/max office passed the Desousa address to the killers and that someone did not have to be a realtor. There is no evidence that the Zailo’s were talking to bad people on the phone from within the re/max office but there is evidence that Rianne certainly was. The Zailo’s had no motive to murder Lindsay. No matter how much false information the C.F. post the Zailo’s still had no motive. Posting false confessions is a perfect example of how desperate the C.F. is to try an implicate the Zailo’s. The C.F. wonder why the police ignore their false information. The police know it’s crap and so does everyone else reading it. The case followers are trying to cover up the truth because they don’t want to admit they are wrong. There has never been one single source of evidence/information to support the Zailo’s did it conspiracy theory. the psycho behaviour is coming from the C.F. and conspiracy theorists.]
63. So if that is true, making that clear to the public would have resulted in trust. This is the first time I have heard that they have worked tirelessly with anyone. They just sit and wait for a confession from what they have been saying since the DateLine episode aired in ~2010. We have first hand knowledge that they do not follow up on tips or witnesses to confessions. So I ask the SPD, what has the RCMP actually done to help out? Who what, how much time and where? If I asked them, they would not answer me. They make these comments but refuse to give feedback when questioned about statements they make. So the public is expected to blindly believe their statements that are suspicious. Don’t you believe if the SPD was working tirelessly with the RCMP, they would tell Lindsay’s family since that is what they have been requesting all along?
[The reason this is the first time you heard the SP have worked tirelessly with anyone is because you can’t absorb true facts. You focus far too much of your attention trying to mislead the public with your crap. The public has full trust in the SPD. No one cares what the American’s think. They can’t even solve their own unsolved murders. Is that why the C.F. post false confessions because they think the SP is waiting around for one? The police do not share information with family or the public that may impede their investigation. If you knew anything about Canadian criminal law you would understand that concept. If you don’t believe the SP followed up on the second false confessions it was probably because they determined it was false like the first one. Here’s the other thing you don’t know. Ryan couldn’t have possibly murdered Linsday because he has an airtight alibi just like Jason. It’s REAL too. The SP statements are only suspicious to conspiracy theorists. Everything is suspicious to them.]
64. “Once upon a time,Chris Horsely boasted about 40 detectives that worked on Lindsay’s case. Mr. Horsley, I am confident that yours and the 40 detectives ignorance, over the years has evolved into knowledge! So, Mr. Horsley, get back to work, you and your 40 detective’s, for the truth and justice for Lindsay. Start with Lindsay’s clothes that were collected. Restaurant/ Murder Scene = Match. = Fictional Timeline = Fictional Couple = False Witnesses = Joe Desousa Bribing “2” Trusted Neighbors into giving investigators False information about a non-existent couple in the driveway. Isn’t it an unlikely scenario that “2” of DESOUSA’S Neighbors just happened to intersect at the same time ? IMO. Shirley Zailo- mastermind/murderer. She made it known to Lindsay that she would meet her at the house between 4:30-4:45 pm. Jason, the shenanigans he pulled off to set up his alibi and to corroborate his actions along with the “2” False neighboring Witnesses that were going to happen upon the Scene and also to corroborate his cell phone actions with the manipulator of Lindsay’s cell phone to bolster his alibi and create the False Timeline. Ryan – driver. He delivered and picked up his mother and Paul bergshoeff. Joe desousa. He provided the Zailos with the house, the name Paulo. ( A name well known to him ) for the Murder phone and he provided the opening in the fence leading into the house ( for shirley’s and Paul’s escape ).”
[Once upon a time there was a group clueless civilian detectives who tried to give advice about a murder investigation. They had no clue what they were talking about.
65. This is another fact that is completely brushed under the cocaine rug. Shirley’s behavior and Jason’s explanation about accidentally downloading Nikki’s phone number on Shirley’s phone is just more dumb luck??? Coincidences do not fly with an good investigation. They raise red flags. No red flags for the Zailos crazy behavior.
[You have it all mixed up again. These are the facts: the contacts were INTENTIONALLY stored into Shirley’s phone by Jason.One contact being NB(Nikki) Later, Shirley accidentally called NB(Nikki from the office). When Nikki answered Shirley hung up. (Oops, wrong number!) It was that simple. Don’t twist the story and spin it like you do with everything. The other crap about the strange accent was just added to create drama.]
66. We can talk theories until the end of time to no avail. Our theories are meaningless to solving this murder. We need the case removed from the SPD so we can feel our community is getting the full investigation into a horrible murder that took place 11 years ago. We are extremely frustrated because there is little evidence of a decent investigation in light of a lot of information that is available and the horrific manner they are treating the parent of a murder victim.
[There is NO EVIDENCE to support your false allegations that the investigation was botched. There is NO EVIDENCE to support any of your baseless claims. You can talk BS until the end of time to no avail. Your BS is meaningless to solving Lindsay’s murder.]
“When truth is on your side, you don’t need support.” – Hrithik Roshan